I got tired of trying to locate a specific method on my web service test page, so I did a google search and as usual found the same question, but no complete answer. Jan Tielen pointed me to DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx, which is the file that is used for testing, but after that I was on my own.
Long story short, here's how to solve the problem:
- Open the DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx file - on my computer it is at C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG\DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.aspx - in your favorite editor. You may want to create a backup first.
- Locate the Page_Load event handler. If this file hasn't been edited before (and you're running .NET 1.1) this should start on line 1243
- Scroll down to line 1285, which should look like this:
Hashtable methodsTable = new Hashtable();
- Comment out this line and replace it with the following:
SortedList methodsTable = new SortedList();
- Save and refresh your web service test page.