Joel on Software - The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code
As usual, Joel Spolsky is on the money: Joel on Software - The Joel Test: 12 Steps to Better Code:
The Joel Test
1. Do you use source control?
2. Can you make a build in one step?
3. Do you make daily builds?
4. Do you have a bug database?
5. Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
6. Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
7. Do you have a spec?
8. Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
9. Do you use the best tools money can buy?
10. Do you have testers?
11. Do new candidates write code during their interview?
12. Do you do hallway usability testing?
Sadly, I'm not at a 10, 11, or 12, at least not if answering honestly. But at least I agree that these are important...
Post a Comment