Welcome to TicketMaster. How may we fleece you today?
- Two mid-priced tickets to the Circus: $52.
- Facility charge: $4.00
- “Convenience” Charge to use our lousy website: $11.90
- Order Processing Fee: $4.95
- TicketFast® delivery – cause it takes us TWO WEEKS to print and mail two tickets, so you may not get them in time: $4.95
- Total: $77.40
- Are you sure you don’t want to add another $7 per ticket to insure against not being able to make the event due to illness, airline delay or traffic accidents? (Cause 50% isn’t enough of a markup; we’d love to make it 75%.)
How, in an economy as market driven and litigious as the US has TicketMaster managed to become such an effective monopoly and not be priced – or sued – out of existence?
As much as i agree with you that TM fees are outrages, i have to play devils advocat here... If only you could envision yourself leaving the comfort of your own home and drive yourself to a box office of every venue you'd like to go, maybe then you'd be able to save some money...
That's my 10c on this subject. How are you and family?
By Anonymous, at Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:24:00 PM
So A) I don't go to enough events that I even knew you COULD still go to the box office - they certainly don't advertise that too clearly and B) sure, but that is - and this is where I play straight into TicketMaster's marketing - inconvenient.
B) not withstanding, there should be more competition in the online selling of tickets, it's just not right that TicketMaster gets as large a share of the revenue as the event location/performer.
By Anonymous, at Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:58:00 PM
Post a Comment