- Two mid-priced tickets to the Circus: $52.
- Facility charge: $4.00
- “Convenience” Charge to use our lousy website: $11.90
- Order Processing Fee: $4.95
- TicketFast® delivery – cause it takes us TWO WEEKS to print and mail two tickets, so you may not get them in time: $4.95
- Total: $77.40
- Are you sure you don’t want to add another $7 per ticket to insure against not being able to make the event due to illness, airline delay or traffic accidents? (Cause 50% isn’t enough of a markup; we’d love to make it 75%.)
How, in an economy as market driven and litigious as the US has TicketMaster managed to become such an effective monopoly and not be priced – or sued – out of existence?