The Kübler-Ross model of SharePoint Development
What stage are you at?
1. Denial - The initial stage.: "It can't be this complicated."
2. Anger .: "How dare you do this to me?!" (either referring to SharePoint, the documentation, or oneself)
3. Bargaining .: "Just let me live to see my solution deploy."
4. Depression .: "I'm so sad, why bother with any lists? (let's just do it as a webpart)."
5. Acceptance .: "I know my career will be in a better place."
Loosely copied from the Wikipedia entry on the Five Stages of Grief. (Coincidentally, according to the 1974 edition of "The Handbook of Psychiatry", the reactions that SharePoint development can evoke are not Grief, they are "Pathological Depressive Reactions," which sounds even more sad...)
Labels: moss, sharepoint, silliness
Crap... does this mean I need a 12 step program?
By Anonymous, at Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:46:00 PM
Lovely parallel! But the point is, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?? I believe there is "Life After SharePoint", which is better than this one :).
By SharePoint Sceptic, at Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:59:00 PM
Revisiting this after deleting a spam comment...
Is there life after SharePoint? Absolutely! I have since moved on to (or back to, rather) ASP.NET MVC development and more client-side development.
SharePoint 2010 and VS 2010 alleviated many of the problems with MOSS development, and the toolset caught up with MOSS as well (SPM and WSPBuilder FTW!)
By Oskar Austegard, at Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:23:00 AM
Post a Comment