<UPDATE date=”2009.12.02”>: WSPBuilder Extensions 2010 Beta 1.3 (or newer) makes the below mostly obsolete – though I was still not able to deploy using the VS add-in – I got a message stating my SPTimer Service was not running.</update>
Based on advice from Bjørn Furuknap (@furuknap, http://furuknap.blogspot.com/2009/11/using-wspbuilder-for-sharepoint-2010.html) I was able to deploy to SP 2010 a rather complex WSPBuilder-based SharePoint solution that I first recompiled in VS 2010.
- Download the command line version, with the x64 cablib dll
- Upgrade your VS 2008/2005 solution to VS 2010
- Replace your 12 references with their 14 equivalents - most will be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI
- Compile your VS solution - this SHOULD work
- Use the wspbuilder command line tool to create, but not deploy your wsp (use wspbuilder -help for instructions)
- Use stsadm -o addsolution -filename <yourwsp> to deploy the solution